Date:      Mon, 5 Jul 1999 01:03:41 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "G.P." <G.P@chatcity.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        pruess@yamuna.dalai-nor.de (G P)
Subject:   double panic

Hi!
Since I am not use to join a newsgroup, please correct me if I
misbehave
(since I already posted a similiar message and nobody answered, maybe
already  did ...). I installed 19990630-SNAP (3.2) and 3.[12]-RELEASE.
All systems behave the same, but the following lines are tested only
on
3.2-RELEASE:

I used /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/GENERIC, copied it to CUSTOM, increased
maxusers to 512, compiled and installed the kernel. After boot, I
started
the following code as a simple user:

#include <unistd.h>
#include <sys/types.h>

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
pid_t p;

while ((p=fork())>0);
if (p==0) pause();
return(0);
}

The systems panics (double fault). I am not able to debug the core:
kernel symbol `gd_curpcb' not found.
No stack.

My configuration is as follows:
Asus P2B-LS (with IBM DGHS18U and DGHS09U attachted)
PII-450
512 MB ECC
Adaptec - 2940B UW (with IBM DGHS09U, PIONEER CD-ROM and HP C1533A
attachted)
ZNYX ZX34X with DEC 21140A
Intel EtherExpress Pro 10/100B Ethernet

Please help me!