Date:      Thu, 29 Dec 2016 13:32:35 -0700
From:      Adam Weinberger <adamw@adamw.org>
To:        "Timur I. Bakeyev" <timur@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Konstantin V Bekreyev <201106@bekreyev.ru>, "ports@FreeBSD.org" <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: samba44-4.4.8

> On 29 Dec, 2016, at 13:24, Timur I. Bakeyev <timur@freebsd.org> wrote:
>=20
>> On Thu, Dec 29, 2016 at 8:52 PM, Adam Weinberger <adamw@adamw.org> =
wrote:
>> > On 28 Dec, 2016, at 7:51, Timur I. Bakeyev <timur@FreeBSD.org> =
wrote:

>> > Hi, CVB!
>> >
>> > At the moment I can't connect to svn.freebsd.org on whatever =
reason... BTW,
>> > anyone knows, what has changed in recent 12 hours?
>> >
>> > You can apply the following patch manually:
>> >
>> > With best regards,
>> > BaT
>>=20
>> Timur,
>>=20
>> No packages for samba are being built because configure with the =
default option set fails. Samba can't depend on openldap-sasl if its =
databases/ldb dependency depends on openldap (without sasl).
>>=20
>> Either samba needs to depend on openldap without sasl, or ldb needs =
to depend on openldap-sasl.
>>=20
>> # Adam
> Hi, Adam!
>=20
> I've seen the reports and think to upgrade ldb to work with ldap-sasl  =
version instead. In general, handling of SASL in LDAP package isn't =
graceful, while libraries by themselves are interchangeable, pkg sees =
them as entirely different ones :(

Agreed, it's really ugly. Does samba require SASL-enabled OpenLDAP? Keep =
in mind that if ldb and samba* require openldap-sasl, then every port =
that depends on either of them might require adding WANT_OPENLDAP_SASL =
too.

# Adam

--=20
Adam Weinberger