Date:      Tue, 9 May 2000 21:40:02 -0400
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   PR's and patches

I imagine this sounds stupid, but...

Awhile ago I submitted a PR with a patch in it.  Today I was
thinking that I would clean it up, and since I didn't keep a
copy of the earlier patch I thought I would get it from the PR.

I used 'lynx' to download the PR, and it seemed to come down
correctly (tab-characters where I'd expect them, etc), but the
patch did not apply.  Turned out that because I was going thru
a web interface, things like '<', '>', and '&' were changed to
html-safe equivalents. Good for HTML, bad for C.

So, my dumb question is, how DO you pull patches out of a PR?

---
Garance Alistair Drosehn           =   gad@eclipse.acs.rpi.edu
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute