Date:      Thu, 19 Feb 2004 12:41:43 +0100 (CET)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>
To:        ofsen@enderunix.org (Omer Faruk Sen)
Cc:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: List of ftp-masters?

Hi,

Omer Faruk Sen wrote:
 > Is there a list of ftp-masters so I can pick one to update turkey ftp mirror
 > faster. Currently I am using ftp-master.freebsd.org. It is fine but a faster
 > one is required especially in Europe. I have tried ftp-master.cz before but
 > it wasn't that fast too and it wasn't very up to date.

Are you sure?  As far as I can tell, ftp-master.cz is as
up-to-date as it could possibly be.  I understand that
it's syncing once per hour.

As far as speed is concerned, for me (Germany) it is about
five times faster than ftp-master.  From ftp-master.cz I
get about 1 Mbyte/s, while it is 200 kbyte/s from ftp-master.
(The numbers fluctuate somewhat depending on time-of-day
and release activity, though.)

Best regards
   Oliver

With Perl you can manipulate text, interact with programs, talk over
networks, drive Web pages, perform arbitrary precision arithmetic,
and write programs that look like Snoopy swearing.