Date:      Wed, 24 Jul 2002 20:28:02 +0200 (SAT)
From:      John Hay <jhay@icomtek.csir.co.za>
To:        ru@FreeBSD.ORG (Ruslan Ermilov)
Cc:        jhay@icomtek.csir.co.za (John Hay), matusita@jp.FreeBSD.org (Makoto Matsushita), current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/release/i386 drivers.conf

> > > This was "broken" again.   I don't have any ideas of what to
> > > move out.
> >
> > For my releases I just took MSDOSFS and NFSCLIENT out of the kernel,
> >
> This is not an option, sorry.

Well, I did say for mine. :-) For mine it is an option. :-)

nfsclient.ko and msdosfs.ko exists nowadays, so in theory it can reside
somewhere else.

> > but my release broke again just now because mfsroot.flp is full. :-(
> >
> Duh!

We can save some space (I think) by not gziping the individual help
files, but leave them unzipped. Then the final gzip of the whole image
should be able to do a better job of it. But I doubt if it will give
us enough room for nfsclient.ko and msdosfs.ko. :-/ Maybe we should
start a third floppy which contains the "lesser used" stuff. No I'm
not volunteering. :-)

John
--
John Hay -- John.Hay@icomtek.csir.co.za / jhay@FreeBSD.org