Date:      Wed, 30 Jul 2008 21:09:38 +0200
From:      Heiko Wundram <modelnine@modelnine.org>
To:        Kostik Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Upcoming ABI Breakage in RELENG_7

Am Mittwoch, 30. Juli 2008 13:30:31 schrieben Sie:
> I do not use the fuse fs myself. But the issue was raised during the
> internal discussion of the MFC, and it seems that fuse could be not
> affected.
>
> The change only adds the field at the end of the vnode structure, so all
> existing fields offsets are intact.

I just half-throughly waded through the sysutils/fusefs-kmod sources, and
you're right; there's no mentioning of sizeof(struct vnode) in all of the
preprocessed sources (at least none that I could find, directly or
indirectly). So, if struct vnode only grows and none of the original fields
are moved due to padding issues (or gcc reordering fields because of
padding), the old kernel module should work unchanged.

To finish: sorry for the noise, and sorry for the panic I might've provoked.

--
Heiko Wundram