Date:      Fri, 4 Sep 1998 02:37:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Vincent Poy <vince@venus.GAIANET.NET>
To:        Stuart Henderson <stuart@internationalschool.co.uk>
Cc:        Dexnation Holodream <dex@wankers.net>, Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, Don <don@calis.BlackSun.org>, Tom <tom@uniserve.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to add route

On Thu, 3 Sep 1998, Stuart Henderson wrote:

> Vincent Poy wrote:
>
> > each T1 is on a separate interface.  What I meant to say was is there a
> > way around the route add default to be pointing to only one interface or
> > IP like making all packets from 208.164.68.0/24 go out of eth0 and
> > 209.84.252.0/24 go out of eth1.  Each interface does have it's own IP.
>
> have you read http://www.netaxs.com/~freedman/multi.html?
> (that and other links at http://www.mindspring.com/~jlindsay/bgp.html)

	Just read it... My concerns is not incoming packets not coming in
correctly since each CIDR/24 block comes in on the correct circuit as the
IPs belong to each provider.  What I want to know is how to set routes so
that depending on which CIDR/24 block a packet from my LAN is coming from,
which circuit it will use to get the packet out since right now, all
packets going out would be using only one circuit.

Cheers,
Vince - vince@MCESTATE.COM - vince@GAIANET.NET           ________   __ ____
Unix Networking Operations - FreeBSD-Real Unix for Free / / / / |  / |[__  ]
GaiaNet Corporation - M & C Estate                     / / / /  | /  | __] ]
Beverly Hills, California USA 90210                   / / / / / |/ / | __] ]
HongKong Stars/Gravis UltraSound Mailing Lists Admin /_/_/_/_/|___/|_|[____]