Date:      Sun, 22 Feb 2004 13:53:27 -0500
From:      Scott W <wegster@mindcore.net>
To:        Marty Landman <MLandman@face2interface.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: seeking shell scripting resources

Marty Landman wrote:

> I'm new to running my own unix systems and would like to start
> learning the ropes on shell scripting. I've looked at the handbook and
> a few other sources... maybe haven't looked closely enough.
>
> Any recommendations on more involved manuals/explanations/examples of
> how shell scripts should be developed and used?
>
> Marty Landman   Face 2 Interface Inc 845-679-9387
> This Month's New Quiz --- Past Superbowl Winners
> Make a Website: http://face2interface.com/Home/Demo.shtml

Hi Marty.  There are a few tutorials out there, but I haven't seen any
really good or 'complete' ones online.  (There may be some, but from
memory I don't remember finding any).

If you're going to use Bash, give the O'Reilly 'Learning the Bash Shell'
book a shot.  Another one that does cover other shells is called either
'Unix Shells' or 'Unix Scripting' (don't recall which and it's at
work..), which was published 2003 IIRC.

Scott