Date:      Mon, 4 Jun 2001 09:02:28 +0000 (GMT+00:00)
From:      auto245751@hushmail.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.2 Installation - Keyboard Problem

--Hushpart_boundary_aGOVduRGojfKATjTuKTtwGsQXblWTHLV

At Mon, 4 Jun 2001 09:28:05 +0100, simond@irrelevant.org wrote:

>OK, I have this problem myself, if you read the kernel boot output you'll
>see that it probably fails to attach the atkbd driver with error code
>6,

Is there a way of slowing/capturing/examining the boot output during installation
so I have
a chance to see it? It scrolls by too fast.

>if you can get to the visual device config screen then you can simply
>set flags to 0 for atkbd0

I'd be interested in giving this a try. Could you please describe this process
in more detail for me. Btw, if the "visual device config screen" is the
thing that you select at the "kernel configuration menu", I can't access
that
because my keyboard won't work.

Thanks.

Free, encrypted, secure Web-based email at www.hushmail.com
--Hushpart_boundary_aGOVduRGojfKATjTuKTtwGsQXblWTHLV--

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  If you are not using HushMail, this message could have been read easily by the many people who have access to your open personal email messages.