Date:      Tue, 2 Feb 2010 22:10:41 +0800
From:      Erich Dollansky <erich@ovitrap.com>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Cc:        Dag-Erling =?iso-8859-1?q?Sm=F8rgrav?= <des@des.no>, Jayton Garnett <jayton.garnett@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: I Love FreeBSD!

Hi,

On 02 February 2010 pm 20:22:46 Jayton Garnett wrote:

> anyone in favour of breeding hamsters to power the earth by running in their
> wheels ? oh no we'd upset the animal protection league's.

hey, I will give you a dobermann to make the hamster run faster.

> I find the solar tower's of water Spain have started using an interesting
> way to produce electricity, create enough of them and we only have to worry
> about it again in 6 billion years when the Sun dies.

They developed this in the Seventies of the last century. The idea is perfect.

It is not about electricity alone, it is about steam. There are so many technical processes in which you would not need the electricity at all as you can run them directly by steam.

As such, large users of steam can place one of them nearby and run without coal or oil during periods of sunshine.

Erich