Date:      Thu, 12 Dec 2002 16:39:52 -0800 (PST)
From:      Rhett Monteg Hollander <victorysoldier@yahoo.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Repeatable crash from nautilus2

AMD K6 was originally a NexGen Nx686. It was slightly
redesigned, and implemented in silicon with 0,35
micron process that was developed in cooperation with
Hewlett-Packard.

> > -pcf. [I dont recall ever seeing a Cyrix with K6
> on it, but then I avoided
> >        Cyrix chips like the plague if I possibly
> could]
>
> As did I.  :)

By the way, have never understood such a despise to
Cyrix CPUs. They were the best integer performers of
late 1990s, and quite reasonably priced. Don't mistake
with VIA Cyrix III, which is actually an IDT WinChip
C6 successor, featuring single integer pipeline and
slow L2 cache... phew... Just a money waste.

> Sorry for any confusion, folks...

You're always welcome. I've also seen here a thread
about VIA C3 & EPIA motherboard... If you want a small
relay, firewall or file server, better get some old
good P5 or 5x86, load it with a pair of network cards,
and you won't spend even a hundred USD.

> --
> Mike Hoskins		This message is RFC 1855 compliant,
> mike@adept.org		www.adept.org/pub/rfcs/rfc1855.html

---
Regards,
 Rhett