Date:      Tue, 8 Feb 2000 03:36:39 -0500
From:      Walter Brameld <brameld@twave.net>
To:        Ryan Thompson <freebsd@sasknow.com>, John Cirillo <jcirillo@fastlane.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Boot manager

On Mon, 07 Feb 2000, in a never-ending search for enlightenment, Ryan Thompson wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Feb 2000, John Cirillo wrote:
>
> > I'd like to fix this double-prompting on my system too.
> > I tried what I thought Ryan said to do but I'm missing a step somewhere?
> > Here's what I did:
> > /stand/sysinstall
> > select Configure
> > select Fdisk
> > down-arrow to wd1, press spacebar.
> > Now in FDISK Partition Editor
> > press Q
> > At Install Boot Manager screen, arrow down to None, press spacebar
>
> Yes, sorry... It's been awhile since I looked at that menu.  You should
> indeed choose Standard MBR instead of "None".
>
> In more detail:
>
> FDISK partition editor:
> Don't alter any partitions :-)
> Press "W" to commit
> Confirm the dialogue that pops up
> Select the appropriate boot record (Standard MBR), and confirm.
>
> You should see a dialog:
>
> "Wrote FDISK information out successfully"
>
> At that point, when you reboot, you should no longer have a boot
> manager prompt on the second disk.

Thank you thank you thank you! That worked perfectly, although now
for some odd reason, I see a picture of a hand holding a floppy
labelled "Workbench" *headscratch* (joke).

 --  Walter

in·tel·lec·tu·al
n. Someone who has been educated past his/her level of intelligence.
If you were wondering, the answer is 42.