Date:      Tue, 20 Jan 1998 07:44:18 +0000
From:      Rob <robert@irrelevant.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   bsdi compatibility & post.office

Hi there.

I'm fairly new to FreeBSD, like it's only been on here for two days, but
I've been playing about with unix variants for a while now.

I am presently running a NT4 server which I want rid of, so am moving all
it's functionality to an old 486 running FreeBSD 2.2.5.  So far, everything
is going great, apart from one small problem.  The mail suite I am using
under NT is post.office (www.software.com) and while they don't have a
FreeBSD version, they do have a BSDi version which I have had one or two
minor problems running..

After locating a library it needed (/shlib/libc_s.2.1.0) and installing it,
it worked perfectly, up to the point of actually using it.  Three of the
modules it loads at runtime report an error:

Dispatch:Notification:Local Module (Mailbox-Deliver) Failed the verify
environment test.

Everythign else works - I can talk to it's web interface; it accepts smtp
mail and lets me fetch it via pop3, so it must be nearly right.. but, among
other things, it won't let me delete the default users it created because
the above mentioned module fails.

Anybody got any ideas?  I've searched the mailing archives, and the web
generally, but havn't come up with anything that might explain what might
be happening.

Thanks,

Rob O'Donnell.

PS: I've subbed to this list, but not had an ack back yet, so a cc: of any
replies would be appreciated, just in case.