Date:      Wed, 9 Jun 1999 23:35:47 +0200 (CEST)
From:      N <niels@bakker.net>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MMAP() in STABLE/CURRENT ...

>>> And today's trick question...how do you send a break? :(  I'm telnet'd
>>> into a Livingston Portmaster, with 'telnet -E' to disable the telnet
>>> break...
>> Any particular reason you're using the -E option? The easiest way to send
>> a serial break on most terminal servers is hitting the telnet escape
>> character (usually ^]) and typing "send break". Terminal servers are
>> generally programmed to send a serial break in response to the TELNET BRK
>> sequence.
> Did try this...actually went to the Livingston WWW site, and they "fixed
> this bug" around release 3.1.4 of ComOS :(  The 'send break' just gets
> ignored...

There's some hacketry involved.  I managed (although it was more a
co-worker that did most of it :) to get it to work by assigning a TCP port
number to a port and telnetting to that directly, and then use the "escape
to telnet, type `send break'" trick.

Ask on portmaster-users@livingston.com, and before that read the archives
at <URL:http://www.livingston.com/Tech/docs/>.  (I'm sorry - I don't have
the command sequence saved to set up a port that way.  I hope I never lose
that particular PM. :)

	-- Niels.