Date:      Tue, 6 Jan 2015 11:59:26 -0500
From:      Mason Loring Bliss <mason@blisses.org>
To:        Hans Petter Selasky <hps@selasky.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: usbhidctl / Logitech

On Tue, Jan 06, 2015 at 08:32:17AM +0100, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:

> Did you checkout "sysutils/uhidd" in ports yet?

The docs say:

   "Note that before you can use uhidd with certain ugenX.Y device, you need
    to make sure there is no kernel HID device driver attached to that
    device. You could either remove 'device ukbd', 'device ums' and 'device
    uhid' from your kernel config file and recomplie the kernel, or if these
    drivers are loaded as kernel modules, kldunload(8) them."

It would be unfortunate to have to build a custom kernel and resort to
something from ports when the in-tree tool is one bugfix away from supporting
my hardware perfectly.

I guess I need to understand more of the background to figure out what the
most reasonable fix would be. I'll do some more research.

--
 Mason Loring Bliss         mason@blisses.org        http://blisses.org/
"I am a brother of jackals, and a companion of ostriches."  (Job 30 : 29)