Date:      25 Oct 2002 19:19:52 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Rotaru Razvan <roti_343@yahoo.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD User Questions List <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: setting up GDM

--=-tyTSz1STM+EeWQ5NhnSQ

On Fri, 2002-10-25 at 19:12, Rotaru Razvan wrote:
> Hello (again) :)
>=20
> I am trying to set up gdm (momently I am using xdm), the graphical
> configurator throws an error, and simply replacing in /etc/ttys xdm
> with gdm doesn't work (throws an error too).
> Maybe somebody can help me here.

What version of gdm are you using?  If it's x11/gdm, then you should be
able to replace the xdm line in /etc/ttys with gdm and have it work.  If
you get an error, please send it to me.

If you're using x11/gdm2, you need to use the RC script in
/usr/X11R6/etc/rc.d (a gdm.sh.sample script is included with the
port/package).  Simply rename this script to gdm.sh, and reboot.

Joe

>=20
> Thanks
> Razvan