Date:      Fri, 9 Nov 2001 01:58:54 -0800
From:      Brian Sobolak <sobolak@mindspring.com>
To:        "Timothy Luoma" <luomat@peak.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD under vmware under Windows 2000

Hello Timothy,

TL> I'm thinking about trying to install FreeBSD under Win2k using VMWare.

TL> Are there any good resources around about this?  I want to make sure I don't
TL> screw up my Win2k installation.

I've done it before and it worked flawlessly.  I pretty much followed
the instructions from VMware on their site.  After getting the vm
machine installed, I popped a FreeBSD cd in the cd-rom, booted the
vm, and the installation went perfectly.  Since it only appears to
Win2K as a large file (2GB I believe), it didn't interfere with
anything in my existing windows installation.

I *didn't* install X windows though, so I can't comment about that.

Also, be sure to go and download the extra tools package that Vmware
provides - it's useful.

--
Best regards,
 Brian                            mailto:sobolak@mindspring.com