Date:      Tue, 20 Jan 1998 02:36:31 -0500
From:      Mark Mayo <mark@vmunix.com>
To:        "Joe \"Marcus\" Clarke" <marcus@ocala.cs.miami.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: oops, removed a scsi disk and now I'm toast..

On Tue, Jan 20, 1998 at 02:19:31AM -0500, Joe "Marcus" Clarke wrote:
> Get the fixit and boot floppies from FreeBSD (or the boot floppy, and a
> FreeBSD live filesystem CD).  Then boot up, and start a fixit session.
> You can then edit fstab to reflect the change in drive position.  I just
> recently went through this with IDE drives.

Good idea. Never thought of that one. As it turns out, I was
able to "force mount" the /dev/sd1s1a instead of /dev/sd1a and
edit fstab in that fassion (as described in a mail I just sent).
This might have been dangerous or something though, so I think
I'll tryout the fixit floppy just to see how it works :-)

Thanks,
-Mark