Date:      Tue, 31 May 2005 12:26:53 +0200
From:      Joerg Wunsch <j@ida.interface-business.de>
To:        Steve Tremblett <tremblett@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: installation without CDROM

As Steve Tremblett wrote:

> I'm serving the diskless boot from OpenBSD on an Ultra 10, so I've
> had to kind of fill in the blanks but I'm pretty sure I've covered
> all the bases.  On that system I need to run bootparamd to give the
> diskless client the location of the NFS root-path instead of passing
> it via dhcp

I don't think so, this doesn't depend on the server host but on what
the client's asking for.  Solaris asks for bootparam, perhaps OpenBSD
too, but FreeBSD does not.  You need to configure your DHCP server
accordingly.

> but to be honest, after it takes the loader (boot/loader from the
> install ISO) via tftp it makes no other network requests and simply
> hangs.

Did you run a network sniffer to see what it is doing?

joerg_wunsch@interface-systems.de        http://www.interface-systems.de/~j/