Date:      Tue, 22 Jan 2002 02:54:31 -0700 (MST)
From:      Eric Snow <ewsnow@cs.byu.edu>
To:        Joan Schunck <jschunck@math.cudenver.edu>
Cc:        <freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: can I use other floppies with picoBSD ?

Joan,

Well, it's not as easy as just copying it over.  You will need to format
the hard drive for FreeBSD, and reconfigure PicoBSD to be able to mount
the hard drive, all before you can copy the files over.  You may be
better off installing FreeBSD straight off and using the minimal
installation to cut down on download time.  If you do go for PicoBSD
still, I would recommednd you take a look at a pretty good FAQ for pico.
It's by Bruce Montague and it's found at:
  http://www.cse.ucsc.edu/~brucem/pico_notes.htm
I don't claim to be an expert on PicoBSD, but it looks like you would have
- format the hard disk (maybe using the FreeBSD install disk) if it's not
formatted already for FreeBSD,
- make sure Pico is set up for hard disk use, with drivers and such,
- mount the hard drive,
- copy the files over.

-eric

On Sun, 20 Jan 2002, Joan Schunck wrote:

> Do you mean that I can copy pico over to the hard drive, and then _boot_
> off the hard drive - that is, a hard drive based pico implementation, thus
> allowing me to use the floppy disk ?
>
> If so, that would work for me, but I have no idea how to do that.  Is this
> documented anywhere ?

i> thanks!