Date:      Sat, 27 Nov 2004 15:32:15 +0100
From:      Kees Plonsz <kees@jeremino.homeunix.net>
To:        Adam Stroud <adstro@stny.rr.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ACL and tunefs

Adam Stroud wrote:

> Kees:
>
> You were right, I did not umount the filesystem first, I dropped into
> single user mode and I thought that did unmount the filesystem.  When I
> booted the machine into single the tunefs command seemed to work OK.
>
> However, I still dont get a "+" when I do a long listing of a file and
> the handbook says I should see one.  Does this mean that things did not
> take?

Check if your acl-option is working with "mount" ( no parameters )
It should give somthing like:

/dev/ad1s1g on /mnt (ufs, local, soft-updates, acls)

Then give the setfacl command on a file:

setfacl -m u::rwx,g:mail:rw file

Now you must have a + sign with the "ls -la" command.

I got error messages when I disabled or enabled acl
on a not-empty filesystem and made a directory listing.