Date:      Sat, 25 Aug 2001 02:32:50 -0700
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Cleto Pescia" <cleto@eurisco.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Network performance analysis with FreeBSD

Hi Cleto,

  What serial adapters are in those NT boxes?  You might be able to reload
FreeBSD on them, it supports several.

  What I suggest as a first step to instrumenting the WAN is to make sure
SNMP is enabled on all NT boxes acting as routers then set up MRTG on
the FreeBSD system and start tracking the link utilization.  For what you
want a traceroute is almost worthless.