Date:      Mon, 10 Jan 2000 22:06:59 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alexander Litvin <archer@lucky.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freezing... update to 1.45 of ffs_softdep.c

In article <62741.947542049@critter.freebsd.dk> you wrote:
> In message <200001102144.NAA30180@apollo.backplane.com>, Matthew Dillon writes:

>>    I would like to know if the person reporting the getblk lockup (I think
>>    it was Poul) sees that problem solved with the vinum fix that Alfred
>>    posted in regards to or whether we still have an open issue.

> I don't use vinum and -current as cvsup'ed right now has the problem.

I just saw the same: two processes got frozen in getblk (tin and mutt).
No makeworld, no activity on the system at all -- just reading news and
mail. After a minute or so the whole system froze.

It's with version 1.46 of ffs_softdep.c

> --
> Poul-Henning Kamp             FreeBSD coreteam member
> phk@FreeBSD.ORG               "Real hackers run -current on their laptop."
> FreeBSD -- It will take a long time before progress goes too far!

---
"Nuclear war can ruin your whole compile."
                -- Karl Lehenbauer