Date:      Thu, 5 Oct 2000 21:20:45 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        jim@lust.geekhouse.net, Rick Hamell <hamellr@heorot.1nova.com>, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BSD Magazine (Advertiser Responses)

They really cancelled the contract--I asked them to reconsider, and
they spent a month reconsidering.

The book is now 3/4 done.  Well, maybe that's a little bit of an
overstatement.  But close to that.  Within a month of being finished.

I was quite disappointed, not only because I've done quite a lot of
work on it but also because I think it's needed.  I was surprised
at how much stuff is unexplained.

I agree with Terry's estimate on how long it takes to write an
"advanced" book.  Even writing something you know cold takes time,
because every word has to be written--and formatted.

I am, though, interested in another publisher, and am just beginning
to look around.

A few people apparently pre-ordered the book on the Dummies web site;
I guess not enough!  How I would love to have Terry Lambert's
autograph on a book I wrote about FreeBSD!

	Annelise