Date:      Mon, 19 Apr 1999 06:38:51 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Feldman <green@unixhelp.org>
To:        Ilya Naumov <camel@avias.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: new kernel and IPDIVERT

On Mon, 19 Apr 1999, Ilya Naumov wrote:

> i have compiled the latest kernel and encountered a problem with IPDIVERT. even
> with "options IPDIVERT" string in kernel config, kernel says the following:
>
> IP packet filtering initialized, divert disabled, rule-based forwarding disabled, logging disabled

That's because it's loading the ipfw.ko KLD.

> of course, firewall rules like "add divert natd ..." do not work. everything is
> ok with old kernel (~5 days old). could anyone comment this?

I know about it, but don't know how to fix it :( However, for now, you can
go over to /usr/src/sys/modules/, edit the Makefile and add what features
you want to CFLAGS, and make depend all install clean && shutdown -r now.

> --
>
> sincerely,
> ilya naumov (at work)

 Brian Feldman                _ __ ___ ____  ___ ___ ___
 green@unixhelp.org                _ __ ___ | _ ) __|   \
     FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!      _ __ | _ \ _ \ |) |
         http://www.freebsd.org           _ |___)___/___/