Date:      Wed, 10 Aug 2005 12:03:33 +0300
From:      Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu@people.tecnik93.com>
To:        Jacques Marneweck <jacques@powertrip.co.za>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Specifying a minumim version of a port that's required

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 10:52:10 +0200
Jacques Marneweck <jacques@powertrip.co.za> wrote:

> Hi,
>=20
> For one of the ports which I'm busy writing the Makefile for,
> requires a specific version of p5-Danga-Socket or a later version,
> what would be the correct way of specifying version 1.43 or later for
> the Makefile? I've reading through the FreeBSD porters handbook and
> don't seem to find anything related having version numbers of the
> specified port installed.

=46rom /usr/ports/CHANGES:

20050609:
AUTHOR: portmgr@FreeBSD.org
The following changes were introduced:

 [ ... ]

  * Add an ability to depend on versioned installed package.
    Example:

          BUILD_DEPENDS=3Dp5-Tree-Simple>=3D1.12:${PORTSDIR}/devel/p5-Tree-=
Simple

    Please note, it's experimental feature, work is currently in
    progress.

--=20
IOnut
Unregistered ;) FreeBSD "user"