Date:      Tue, 10 Jul 2001 08:37:00 +1200 (NZST)
From:      Juha Saarinen <juha@saarinen.org>
To:        Paul <tribble@tribble.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Benchmarks from SysAdmin mag

On Mon, 9 Jul 2001, Paul wrote:

> I sent an email to webmaster@sysadminmag.com or whatever and asked them to
> forward it to the authors...  it was along hte lines of "Please don't
> include FreeBSD in a performance comparison if you are unwilling to take
> the time to tune it for your purposes."

Unless you substantiated that message with clear and concise instructions
on how to tune FreeBSD, and with at least some analysis on how that would
improve the test results, then I would say that that was the wrong thing
to do.

Flaming a reviewer without constructive criticism lands you straight in
the Mac Marines / Team OS/2 territory.

--
Regards,

Juha

PGP fingerprint:
B7E1 CC52 5FCA 9756 B502  10C8 4CD8 B066 12F3 9544