Date:      Mon, 11 Mar 2002 02:47:58 +0100
From:      Paul Everlund <tdv94ped@cs.umu.se>
To:        Kristofer Pettijohn <kpettijohn@visi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Animating Images

Kristofer Pettijohn wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> Im just wondering if anyone knows of any programs/utilities (that work on
> command-line, not X), to take a list of JPEG images (or GIF images) and
> create an animation (in either animated GIF, AVI, MPEG, or any compatable
> format).
>
> Any input would be greatly appriecated.

In the ports collection you can find ImageMagick, that can be compiled
without X11. How this is done I'm not however sure of. Have done it my-
self, but it was some time ago.

The port is in /usr/ports/graphics/ImageMagick

Either look at the Makefile there, or try with 'make -DWITHOUT_X11', or
'make --without-x'. I hope this will work.

For more info about the program, visit http://www.imagemagick.org/

I use it myself, with the Perl-package that comes along with it, and has
made some scripts that automatically resizes images, puts a border around
them and so on.

The program is also capable of animations (if I remember it correctly).

Best regards,
Paul