Date:      Mon, 22 Feb 1999 18:22:21 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@narnia.plutotech.com>
To:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: dual-channel U2W scsi performance

In article <14033.59216.903659.321869@grasshopper.cs.duke.edu> you wrote:

> Essentially, I'm wondering if I need to purchase another 2940UW for
> each server, or if the above on-board dual-channel controller will
> really be able to run 2 Ultra-Wide busses close to flat out.

The only way to know for sure is to test it, and I have not performed
such a test here.  Based on the efficiency of past Adaptec PCI parts,
I don't think it will have a problem saturating both channels assuming
the rest of the system is up to the task and you have sufficient spare
PCI bus bandwidth (no other big hogs).

--
Justin