Date:      Mon, 28 Jan 2002 06:11:19 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Dan Trainor <dan@ript.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports browser

On 2002-01-22 10:19:59, Dan Trainor wrote:
> Anyone know of an ncurses-based program or something that will let me
> browse my ports tree, and read me pkg-comment, pkg-descr, and plg-plist?
> I'd just like a more orderly way of browsing the list, and I don't feel
> like: cd port1; cat pkg*; (read for a while, ok) cd ..; cd port1; ....
> etc etc.  With over what was it, 1600 ports I believe, that becomes a
> pretty boring task.

I found git rather nice.  It works on my full-screen xterm, it's
curses based, and it's in the ports (yes! yes!).  Install it from
misc/git and browse away  :)))

--
Giorgos Keramidas . . . . . . . . . keramida@{ceid.upatras.gr,freebsd.org}
FreeBSD Documentation Project . . . http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/