Date:      Mon, 19 Sep 2005 23:28:20 +0200
From:      Claus Guttesen <kometen@gmail.com>
To:        Ivan Voras <ivoras@fer.hr>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gjournal beta3

> > get this error doing the first make:
> > g_journal.c: In function `g_journal_journal_reread':
> > g_journal.c:433: warning: long long unsigned int format, off_t arg (arg=
 3)
>=20
> Thanks for the bug report! I'll not be able to fix it during this week
> (because my CVS server is in a carboard box some 200 kilometers from my
> location), but if you want to try gjournal out, you can just comment out
> the erroneous lines - they just provide debugging info. But beware: AFAIK
> you'll be the first to test it on non-i386 hardware!

Thank you! Commented out the lines and it compiled. When I did 'make
so' I got this compile-error but following the advise from the
compiler addressed the problem. The error was:

twin/gjournal#>make so
gcc -o geom_journal.so -lgeom -shared -export-dynamic -Wall
-I/usr/src/sbin/geom geom_journal_so.c binstream.c g_journal_md.c
/usr/src/sbin/geom/misc/subr.c
/usr/bin/ld: /var/tmp//ccCgbrqL.o: relocation R_X86_64_32 can not be
used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
/var/tmp//ccCgbrqL.o: could not read symbols: Bad value
*** Error code 1

Now for the testing. Did it two weeks ago at work but my i386-machine
panicked. This could be a beta2-issue, we'll see ;-)

regards
Claus