Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 1995 10:56:21 +0100 (BST)
From:      Doug Rabson <dfr@render.com>
To:        Thomas Graichen <graichen@sirius.physik.fu-berlin.de>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org, ezk@cs.columbia.edu
Subject:   Re: PLEASE help me to get broken FreeBSD automounter working PLEASE !!!

On Wed, 9 Aug 1995, Thomas Graichen wrote:

> PLEASE. PLEASE, PLEASE ... can anybody help me out to get the
> "-type:=direct" option which is broken in FreeBSD working - PLEASE -
> i've now tried to debug it some hours but i'm at the end of my
> knowlegde - i'll now try to explain what i've done and hope that
> someone will take a deeper look into it - PLEASE

Which version of FreeBSD are you using?  If you are running current then
you *must* make sure you are using an amd from current as well due to the
NFSv3 support in current.

Have you tried using a later version of amd?  There was some discussion
about the age of our amd and it seems that amd.upl102 is much more recent
and may work better for you.

--
Doug Rabson, Microsoft RenderMorphics Ltd.	Mail:  dfr@render.com
						Phone: +44 171 251 4411