Date:      Tue, 8 Jan 2019 08:46:37 +0100
From:      Andreas Sommer <andreas.sommer87@googlemail.com>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org, Colin Percival <cperciva@tarsnap.com>, Ben Woods <woodsb02@gmail.com>, freebsd-cloud@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Any plans for EC2 AMIs with RootOnZFS?

Hi Colin,

could you share your config to automatically generate the ZFS-based AMI? I have an existing setup using Packer and bsdinstall, used on several staging systems. For an official AMI, I wouldn't expect anything but the default bsdinstall ZFS-on-root setup. Here's an example (does some more stuff, see repo's purpose): https://github.com/AndiDog/zfs-lockup/blob/master/http/installerconfig_zfs

Cheers,
 Andreas