Date:      13 Feb 2001 02:34:45 +0100
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
Cc:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>, Daniel Eischen <eischen@vigrid.com>, John Indra <john@office.naver.co.id>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Patch for FILE problems (was Re: -CURRENT is bad for me...)

Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au> writes:
> install -c libc.so.5 /usr/lib
> install -c libc_pic.a /usr/lib
> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: undefined symbol __sF in COPY relocation
>
> at which point any stdio using dynamic binary is hosed, including the
> *USELESS* copies in /tmp that installworld stashed away.

I worked around this (with a fresh, unpatched -CURRENT) by simply
running 'make install' manually in /usr/src/usr.bin/ and selected
subdirectories of /usr/src/usr.sbin (chown, mtree, zic).

The problem I'm facing now is that Somebody[tm] broke locale support,
so Perl is spewing error messages about en_US.ISO_8859-1 not being
supported. Like Juliana Hatfield says: dumb, dumb, fun.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@ofug.org