Date:      Thu, 20 Mar 2014 14:25:44 +0000
From:      David Chisnall <theraven@FreeBSD.org>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>, John-Mark Gurney <jmg@funkthat.com>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org, Lev Serebryakov <lev@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Building with external toolchain was broken 6 months ago with r255187

On 20 Mar 2014, at 14:08, John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org> wrote:

> No, the compiler should provide a working "wmmintrin.h" header in one =
of
> its built-in paths if it supports the AES instructions.  This is akin =
> saying that code that uses "stdio.h" should use -I/usr/src/include.

It does, however our build system then explicitly says to the compiler =
'don't use your built-it paths because they may contain declarations =
that contradict the FreeBSD ones' by means of the sysroot argument.  =
When not using an external toolchain, we put the compiler's internal =
headers inside the sysroot.

David