Date:      Sat, 7 Jul 2001 20:01:54 -0600
From:      Duke Normandin <01031149@3web.net>
To:        Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.3 iso installation image issues

On Sat, Jul 07, 2001 at 05:13:00PM -0400, Joe Clarke wrote:
> I have done this numerous times in the past using Adaptec Easy CD Creator,
> and it works like a champ.  I just double-click on the ISO image.  I think
> the trick might be selecting the option to Close the Disc.  I've burned
> FreeBSD images on Windows NT, 95, 2000, and Mac OS 8.  I never had to
> select the format of the media.  The ISO file contained all the necessary
> info.
>
> Joe Clarke

Sorry to butt in, but I have a related question.

A friend sent me a CD he burnt for 4.2R - El Torrito bootable format.
What is El Torrito format?

As well, I'm running 3.3R at the moment on a 486-66 /850M HDD. I have a
CD  changer that is recognized by 3.3R. However when I load this 4.2R CD
I can't seem to mount it to have a look. I don't think that my old system
is capable of booting off a CDROM drive, so I was looking for some other
way to perhaps use this 4.2R CD. Takes a while to molt out of this newbie
skin of mine... ;) Thanks....
--
-duke
Calgary, Alberta, Canada