Date:      Thu, 14 Jun 2001 01:33:35 -0400
From:      "Pedro F. Giffuni" <pfg1+@pitt.edu>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Perens Replies (was Ivan Leybovich)

Brett Glass wrote:

> At 02:03 PM 6/13/2001, Pedro F. Giffuni wrote:
>
> >Seems like he just admitted that the GPL is not free software after all !!! Free as in FreeBSD I mean.
>
> GPLed software is not free software because it cannot be freely
> reused for any purpose. It is, in fact, very much encumbered by
> an onerous license that's rife with legalese.

I know Brett...I know. It's just that these opensource leaders had
never admitted it so openly: with this BS he wrote, he just made moot
all the critics he had made against the inoffensive advertisement
clause in the previous BSD license.

The truth is, no matter what the BSD license says, they only accept
one "true" license for everything. Their problem is that no matter
what definition the look up, the BSD license always classifies as free
software....and for some reason that hurts.

Just thinkin... FreeBSD is more than opensource...it's freesource.

History does repeat itself... Stallman is somewhat like Marx, Perens
seems somewhat like Lenin... draw your own conclusions (hides).

    Pedro