Date:      Fri, 29 Mar 2002 13:53:34 +0300
From:      "Dmitry S. Yakovlev" <yakovlev@nonel.pu.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   creating bootable CD problem

I have a problem with creating a bootable CD
(FreBSD 4.3 STABLE)

As described in handbook, I do following:

# mkisofs -R -U -b boot/cdboot >image.iso

and get error from mkisofs: cdboot bad size
After that I adjust size of cdboot to 1.44Mb:

#dd if=/dev/zero of=boot/cdboot.flp count=2880
#vnconfig -c /dev/vn0a boot/cdboot.flp
#dd if=boot/cdboot of=/dev/vn0a
#vnconfig -u /dev/vn0a

In result I get cdboot.flp of size 1440Kb
first 147XXX bytes of that is cdboot
ISO image was builded with cdboot.flp as boot image:

# mkisofs -R -U -b boot/cdboot.flp >image.iso

When I try boot from burned CD, I see:

> CD Loader 1.0
> Building the boot loader arguments
> Relocating the loader and the BTX