Date:      Mon, 10 Jun 2002 18:28:38 -0700
From:      Murray Stokely <murray@stokely.org>
To:        Mike Grissom <mikeyg@igalaxy.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Release

On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 06:19:45PM -0700, Mike Grissom wrote:
> So the release date is really June 11th?  Is the current source of cvs for

Probably, yes.

> RELENG_4_6_0_RELEASE actually the code they are using to compile it?  If so,
> when will the cvs servers have the release?

A build is in progress right now based on that tag.  However, that
does not mean that we can't change anything.  Tags can be, and usually
are, slid as last minute problems are uncovered.  We have to go
through the checklists and make sure all of the version numbers were
bumped, perform further testing on the package build, etc.  Most
problems should have been caught during the RC phase, but that is not
always the case.

The release is not official until a PGP signed message is sent to
announce@FreeBSD.org by someone on the release engineering team.  For
4.6, that message will come from me.

For more information, please read all of the material on :

    http://www.FreeBSD.org/releng

In particular, the release engineering article contains a lot of
information about the process.

    - Murray