Date:      Fri, 7 Feb 2003 09:46:26 +0100
From:      Thomas Widlundh <tw@ettnet.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Login failure

Hi,
In order to make the user able to use mtools, access to A: that is, I put=
 a=20
line in fstab like:

/dev/fd0=09/floppy=09msdos=09rw wheel noauto

this made it. As user I could use the floppystation with mtools.
But starting the machine today failed.
Here is what it says:

fd0c: hard error reading fsbn 0 of 0-3 (No status)
msdos: /dev/fd0: Input/output error
Mounting /etc/fstab filesystems failed, startup aborted
Enter full pathname of shell or RETURN for /bin/sh:

Hitting return I'll get a prompt like: #
Doing a ls shows me I am in the /
I can cd to /etc
I can do a less fstab
I can open fstab in vi
But I can't save in vi
I think I shouldn't have putting in the line with msdos in the fstab but
I'm not able to take it away.

I hope for any suggestions here....

Regards, Thomas