Date:      Fri, 5 Oct 2001 22:40:34 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Rohit Panda <prohit99@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FREEBSD.ORG
Subject:   help required for configuring  X windows

--0-1328944396-1002346834=:3815

hi,

Iam trying to configure my machine (containing a intel 810 integrated chipset) for XFree86.As written in a site i recompiled the kernel with agpgart support and(after configuring using xf86config ) then changed the video section as told to (and the rest i used defaults)

device   "i810"

BusID   PCI:0:1:0

(Iam using Xfree86-4.1 on FreeBSD 4.3 release )

and started X with startx

then two coloured command windows came up(one named login and another named xterm as the window titles ,and having the prompt).my mouse (PS/2 mouse ) also stopped working in X and apparently some menus were trying to come though it was not visible.And how do we have GNOME or KDE setup?? Whats Xwindows without them??can anybody helpme out

thanx guys

rohit

NEW from Yahoo! GeoCities - quick and easy web site hosting, just $8.95/month. Yahoo! by Phone.
--0-1328944396-1002346834=:3815

<P>hi,</P>
<P>Iam trying to configure my machine (containing a intel 810 integrated chipset) for XFree86.As written in a site i recompiled the kernel with agpgart support and(after configuring using xf86config ) then changed the video section as told to (and the rest i used defaults)</P>
<P>device&nbsp;&nbsp; "i810"</P>
<P>BusID&nbsp;&nbsp; PCI:0:1:0 </P>
<P>(Iam using Xfree86-4.1 on FreeBSD 4.3 release )</P>
<P>and started X with startx</P>
<P>then two coloured command windows came up(one named login and another named xterm as the window titles ,and having the prompt).my mouse (PS/2 mouse ) also stopped working in X and apparently some menus were trying to come though it was not visible.And how do we have GNOME or KDE setup?? Whats Xwindows without them??can anybody helpme out</P>
<P>thanx guys</P>
NEW from Yahoo! GeoCities - quick and easy <a
href="http://rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/tag/?http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1" target="_blank">web site hosting</a>, just $8.95/month. Yahoo! by Phone</a>.
--0-1328944396-1002346834=:3815--