Date:      Fri, 10 Mar 2000 17:05:44 -0500 (EST)
From:      Sam Wilson <swilson@mail.bsd4us.org>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        Lyndon Griffin <lyndon@bsd4us.org>, freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: merger information

I agree with Mr. Peters.

Personally, I think the BSDi/Core groups are going to be going through a
lot of talking for a while here talking about how to best integrate the
systems, and I'm sure one of the big topics they are going to cover is
hardware architecture support. I don't know that this group would be of
too much help there.

However, once they have ironed out a lot of their plans and start getting
down to work, I'm sure all of us would be greatly interested in helping
them with coding/testing. It would be great to see a bunch of the BSDi
guys subscribe to this group. And stuff...

But, since they probably aren't going to be ready for that just yet (and
rightfully so), the best thing we can do is begin work on the userland
stuff. I really see that as where we can get the most bang for the
buck until a lot of this noise has settled.

What do you guys think?

sw