Date:      Mon, 10 Mar 1997 21:23:14 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jaye Mathisen  <mrcpu@cdsnet.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Maybe a showstopper, maybe not.

NFS in the current 2.2 branch seems problematical.

I just took delivery of an F540 Network Appliance NFS server.  It runs
fine with BSD/OS, Solaris, Chameleon NFS from an NT box, but not
2.2 supped from a couple days ago.

I can mount the drive fine, ls works fine, but iozone causes it to lock up
after the write step completes, and my machine is frozen up.

I booted my same box under BSD/OS, and it works fine, and a different
box booting Solaris works fine.

No combination that I tried worked reliably from 2.2.  I tried UDP, v3,
TCP, and various permutations.  The problem is consistent across all my
2.2 boxes, *but* a 2.2 box from back in something like August works fine.

All the rest of my 2.2 boxes have been built since Feb 97 or so.

Copying the old kernel (from august) to my box lets it work fine as well,
so I don't think it's a hardware issue.

If I'm the only person having problems with it, then I won't worry about
it too much, other than to not use FreeBSD on the boxes that will be
accessing it.  But I was curious if anybody else was seeing problems with
it.