Date:      Sun, 29 Nov 1998 13:49:52 +0000
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
Cc:        Daniel Haischt <danielh@privat.toplink.de>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: simple linkdown script

Karl Pielorz wrote:

> Hi, I don't know too much about ppp - but isn't that script called after the
> link has been taken 'down', i.e. /var/run/tun0.pid is going to be non existant
> / emtpy?

No, at least, I don't think so. PPP still has the tun device active even
when the link is down. (This is why I can still connect to my IP
address, 212.228.14.13, when not connected to the internet.)

--
Ben Smithurst
ben@scientia.demon.co.uk

send a blank message to ben+pgp@scientia.demon.co.uk for PGP key