Date:      Tue, 21 Oct 1997 10:50:49 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Kenneth Merry <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        tarkhil@mgt.msk.ru
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: on ccd and large disk array

Alexander B. Povolotsky wrote...
> Hello!
>
> We're making a (relatively) large disk array using ccd: 5 Micropolis HDDs,
> 8.7 Gb each, i.e. about 40 Gb total.
>
> Does anyone know possible traps on our way? Is FFS as-is stable on 40 Gb
> filesystems? What may we need to patch?

	You'll need to make sure that you edit login.conf and increase the
limits on memory usage, etc., so that you can fsck the partition.

> We're running FreeBSD 2.2.2, PPro-200, 128 Mb RAM, AHA 2940 Ultra and AHA
> 2940 Ultra Wide (all HDDs in ccd are on Ultra Wide).

	I built a 60G ccd array a couple of months ago, it seemed to work
just fine.   I think it should work okay for you as well, but you might
want to get input from some of the folks running news servers, etc., on big
ccd arrays.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry