Date:      Mon, 26 Apr 2010 20:11:57 -0500
From:      Brandon Gooch <jamesbrandongooch@gmail.com>
To:        Marcel Grandemange <thavinci@thavinci.za.net>
Cc:        Aiza <aiza21@comclark.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 8 New USB Stack Issues

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 5:57 AM, Marcel Grandemange
<thavinci@thavinci.za.net> wrote:
>>Marcel Grandemange wrote:
>> Good Day.
>>
>> I am really hopeing someone can assist me here.
>>
>> I have a E620 Huawei PCMCIA 3G card in a PCMCIA-TO-PCI Converter in a
>> Freebsd server for a sms server i run.
>>
>> Now it used to run without issues, however since the change over from 7.2
>> 8.0REL it no longer works and there are no entries under /dev/cuaux and so
>> forth.
>>
>> Regards
>> Marcel Grandemange
>>

>>> From the 8.0 release notes is the following
>>>http://www.freebsd.org/releases/8.0R/relnotes-detailed.html
>
>>>[amd64, i386] The uart(4) is now the default driver for serial port
>>>devices in
>>>favor of the sio(4) driver. Note that the device nodes have been renamed
>>>with /dev/cuauN and /dev/ttyuN.
>
> Yes but the devices don't actually attach
>
> Eg..
>

> ugen0.2: <HTC> at usbus0
>
> uipaq0: <HTC Generic RNDIS, class 239/1, rev 2.00/0.00, addr 2> on usbus0
>
> device_attach: uipaq0 attach returned 6
>
> uipaq0: <HTC Generic RNDIS, class 239/1, rev 2.00/0.00, addr 2> on usbus0
>
> device_attach: uipaq0 attach returned 6
>

> As can be seen by the "attach returned 6"
>
> And
>

> ohci1: <NEC uPD 9210 USB controller> mem 0xde7ad000-0xde7adfff irq 18 at
> device 0.1 on cardbus0
> ohci1: [ITHREAD]
> usbus8: reset timeout
> ohci1: USB init failed
> device_attach: ohci1 attach returned 6
>
> And Here again. Many devices Suffer Of this.

Would it be possible for you to try a recent build of 8-STABLE or even
9-CURRENT?

If I'm not mistaken, it seems you've also tried the forums:

If you'd like this device to work properly again in FreeBSD, would you
mind filing a PR with all pertinent information regarding your
situation?

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/problem-reports/article.html

then:

http://www.freebsd.org/send-pr.html