Date:      Wed, 13 Feb 2013 00:16:13 +0100
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@rocketmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Upgrade causes loss of all firefox settings (?)

On Tue, 12 Feb 2013 23:40:41 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> I don't like the new style of Opera and the
> style of Chromium. I prefer classic menus.

Luckily you can change that in Opera and give it the
"traditional" style. Still Opera suffers from ongoing
"disimprovement" (e. g. reduction of functionality in
file save dialog or printing support).

> I'm not a flash fan, but I already couldn't download
> the last Internet provider bill :D, perhaps a flash or some other script
> issue.

Maybe Java? Some old fasioned guys still use it... ;-)

Even though I don't like "Flash" especially because it
has become what animated GIFs have been used for in the
past - replacement for HTML, nagging, stealing focus,
aggressive advertising with sound and so on - it perfectly
works with Opera.

> Btw. the design of Opera still is closer to my workflow than the
> design of Chromium.

That's my "problem" with Chromium and Firefox too. I like
the possibility to remove visual controls (red "X" button
on tabs for example) without losing functionality (middle
click on tab closes tab). From my very individual experience,
Opera offers the best integration of mouse and keyboard. It's
sufficiently fast and renders stuff acceptably correct.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany