Date:      Mon, 1 May 2006 12:37:09 +0000
From:      Ben Paley <ben@spooty.net>
To:        Nick Withers <nick@nickwithers.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Horrible: Apache corrupting files?

On Monday 01 May 2006 12:28, Nick Withers wrote:

> Understandably, too. Other files are served fine, to your
> knowledge?

I think something a little like it has happened before - but I was in a real
rush to meet a deadline and didn't have time to take notice of the
circumstances.

At the moment no other files are a problem.

> Maybe the NIC? Now I'm really starting to stab in the dark!

Do you mean the network card? Wow, that does seem desperate! But clutching at
straws... how would I go about checking it?

But since it's only one file that this is happening to I'm inclined to look
for the problem in something about the file. That's why I mentioned the long
complicated journey it's been on in my first message - osx, freebsd, winnt,
solaris and back again via ethernet, wireless, usb flash, ftp...

Running out of ideas and the will to live ;-)

Cheers,
Ben