Date:      Fri, 24 Mar 2006 14:42:56 +0200
From:      "Gatis" <gatis@is.lv>
To:        <freebsd-database@freebsd.org>
Subject:   How many people do you need Oracle Instant Client8 on FreeBSD?

Hi!
    I'd like to know is it possible to get development version of this
future port (makefile. config.m4...other files)
(http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3D86580)  - i'd like to test =
this
one? This is a very actual and neccery for me, cause all my servers are
running on freebsd and now i'm stucked with a connections to oracle db =
over
php. Maybe you could to tell oncoming date of this port in current =
ports?
=20
i'm really waiting for this: build PHP on FBSD with --> --with-oci8 or
--with-oci8=3Dinstantclient,/path/to/instantclient/libs or
--with-oci8-instant-client=3D/path/to/instantclient/libs
=20
i home this feature also will be in php(4|5)-extensions added.
=20
p.s maybe you could explain how to get connection to oracle db while =
this
port is not finished?
=20
Gatis Rumbens
Vado=F0ais telekomunik=E2ciju in=FEenieris
TDVD VSSPN Vad=EEbas sist=E7mu sektors
=20