Date:      Mon, 23 Nov 1998 13:39:52 -0500 (EST)
From:      Stephen Kiernan <sab@vegamuse.org>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SPARC assembler references

On Thu, 19 Nov 1998, Wes Peters wrote:

> I've just purchased a copy of "SPARC Architecture, Assembly Language
> Programming, & C" by Richard P. Paul (Prentice Hall, ISBN 0-13-876889-7).
> I'll be poking through it pretty extensively in the next week and a
> half; I'll probably write a review for Amazon.  I can post the review
> here, too, if anyone is interested.

I have a copy of this book, also.  It's a fairly good read, although it
does lack in explination of Supervisor Mode instructions.  Get yourself a
copy of "The SPARC Archtecture Manual, Version 9", David L. Weaver & Tom
Germond - Editors (PTR Prentice Hall, ISBN 0-13-099227-5) for explination
of how the SPARC-V9 processors work and other important information
necessary for working deep in the kernel on a Sparc machine.

--
Stephen J. Kiernan
kiernasj@connix.com